Obrazy Michała Stachowicza w kościele parafialnym w Rembieszycach
MetadataPokaż pełny rekord
The subject of presented study are paintings of Michał Stachowicz (1768–1825) preserved in the parish church of Rembieszyce, a small village located in Świętokrzyskie Voivodeship about 5 km from Małogoszcz. These works have not been a subject of the deep professional analysis so far. Stachowicz was a many-sided artist. He practiced oil painting, watercolors, gouaches and graphics, created wall decorations, drew geographic and strategic maps. He was also an illustrator of manuscripts and books. At the beginning of his activity he painted mainly religious compositions ordered by the church authorities of the Diocese of Krakow and private clients. According to the findings of the authors, Michał Stachowicz, commissioned by Franciszek Sariusz Wolski around 1805 embellished the parish church in Rembieszyce with painted decorations, which consisted of the polychrome of walls, monochrome of altars, seven altar paintings, as well as the plafonds in the nave and the chancel. It is the only known example of so complex decoration of the temple made by this artist. From among mentioned above works of the artist from Krakow survived to our times six altar paintings and composition on the ceiling of the chancel.
- Książki/Rozdziały 
Z tą pozycją powiązane są następujące pliki licencyjne: