„Akacyja biała z Łazienek (…), Thuja occidentalis z Królikarni”. Założenie pałacowo-ogrodowe w Dęblinie w drugiej połowie XVIII stulecia
MetadataShow full item record
The Mniszech palace-garden layout in Dęblin was modified in the last two decades of XVIII century. Archival drawings from the National Museum in Warsaw allow the reconstruction of architectural forms and composition of garden pavilions – especially of the mausoleum inspired by the Tomb of Cecilia Metella. Tree and flower species were imported to the residence from Łozy, the Rabbit House and the Baths Park. Such significant gardeners as Jan Chrystian Schuch and Dionizy Mc Claire (Mikler) participated in establishing a landscape layout in Dęblin. The effect of their’s work was documented by Zygmunt Vogel in 1796. The watercolour shows the garden with the irregular lake coastline and – in the background - classical facade of the palace. There is not denying, that the owner of Dęblin – the Grand Marshal Michał Jerzy Mniszech – was bright magnate, connosseur of European art and culture. In consequence, his estheticism reflected in the new composition, style and forms of the residence. The article presents the palace-garden layout in that context.
- Książki/Rozdziały