Author starts with brief presentation of the precursor of the Military Institute
of Scientific Publishing, established in Warsaw in 1920. After World War II the activities of the Institute were taken up in undestroyed Lodz and covered, among other things, the publishing of military rulebooks, textbooks and operational manuals (in large editions) and the governing of the whole of the publishing efforts in the Army under the supervision of the General Staff. The activities of the Central Military Bookstore and the Printing House which were managed by the Institute are also discussed in the paper. Author encloses a copious list of publications by the Institute and by the Bookstore.