Annales. Etyka w życiu gospodarczym 2018, vol. 21 nr 4
SPIS TREŚCI1. Editorial
SHARAF N. REHMAN
2. Morals in the United States of America: Are they in their death throes?
JOHN A. COOK
3. Traditional and emerging ethical concerns in advertising
JENNIFER L. LEMANSKI
4. The effectiveness of celebrity endorsements in Polish magazines
5. A camera never told the truth: An exploration of objectivity in photojournalism
SHARAF N. REHMAN
6. U.S. Supreme Court in the civil rights era: Deliberative Democracy and its educative institutional role, 1950s–1970s
7. An analysis of U.S. Custom and Border Protection’s tripartite Mexico border security policy
TERENCE M. GARRETT
8. Javier Sicilia: Advocate of deliberative democracy in the Americas
(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Łódzkiego, 2018)When Javier Sicilia’s son was killed by cartel assassins in 2011, he transformed into a civic activist, with a mass following sufficiently large for Time Magazine to recognize him in 2011 as one of its “Protestors of the ...
(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Łódzkiego, 2018)
(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Łódzkiego, 2018)The Custom and Border Protection (CBP) border security policy was explicitly presented by former Acting Commissioner of CBP, David Aguilar, in testimony before the United States Senate Homeland Security and Governmental ...
U.S. Supreme Court in the civil rights era: Deliberative Democracy and its educative institutional role, 1950s–1970s (Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Łódzkiego, 2018)This article examines the U.S. Supreme Court’s lesser-known educative role as an egalitarian institution within a broader deliberative democratic process. Scholars have argued that the Court’s long asserted power of judicial ...
(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Łódzkiego, 2018)Several cases have surfaced in the past two decades where the photojournalists associated with some of the most respected and trusted news organizations have been accused of altering the news photos. During the same time, ...
(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Łódzkiego, 2018)Due to several cognitive processes, celebrity endorsements are effective in increasing sales. The presence of a famous person in an advertisement can command extra attention which may translate into an increase in sales. ...
(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Łódzkiego, 2018)Ethical issues surrounding advertising have been well-discussed. However, over time and alongside societal and media changes, different questions have moved to the forefront in the discussion on advertising ethics. This ...
(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Łódzkiego, 2018)This article explores the ethics of large complex systems in the United States of America in three major case studies: the food industry, the pharmaceutical industry and the political/governmental institutions. Using the ...